New Mexico Scientific
Alamogordo NM Hackerspace Project
- Any and all electronic equipment working or not. (for parts)
- Folding Tables
- Computer Chairs
- Storage Cabinets
- Power Strips
- 19" Server racks
- Gig switches 24 or 48 port preferred
- Wireless Routers
- Reflow Stations
- hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, vice, etc)
- Various Computer hardware (working or not) NO CRTs (sorry, no space)
- As many solder work stations as we can get
- Bench power supplies
- CNC Milling machine
- Laser cutter
- CNC Extrusion machine (RipRap or Makerbot)
- Healthy stock of electronic parts
- Healthy stock of micro controllers, Adruino products, PICAXE, Parallax Stamps and Propeller, etc.
- Servos, ESCs, motors, steppers, etc.
- Roomba (broken)
Alamogordo NM and area (Otero County) is in great need of a HackerSpace. We have decided to head off this effort and provide one! What is a HackerSpace you ask? "A Hackerspace or hackspace (also referred to as a hacklab, makerspace or creative space) is a location where people with common interests ... can ... collaborate" and make things! Its a place to work on cool stuff!
We have secured a very nice location with lots of room. That is our first milestone. Now we need donations. Donations of money are NOT the priority however it would always be put to good use and goes into the running of the hackerspace as well as funding for new equipment!
We are currently looking for donations of old equipment that can be either used or salvaged for parts. Test equipment, lab equipment, solder stations, oscilloscopes etc are GREAT, but broken electronics of any sort, printers, computers, roomba sweepers, etc are appreciated. These things can be disassembled and reused for new projects, robotics, etc.
The GOAL. Provide a space for people to build stuff! Anything. Weather balloon projects, rocketry, remote control ANYTHING. Microprocessor projects, CNC milling, extrusion, hobbies. You name it. The idea is a pool of resources avail to all members. "Members" you ask? Yes, membership would be required as operating expensing are something that just cannot be avoided, but we aim to make it affordable for all. College students well benefit from having an off campus LAB! Holloman residence will finally have a place to work!